Allegan County United Way
Director of Annual Campaign
Position description – Part Time Position
Title: Director of Annual Campaign
Reports to: President & CEO
Overview: This position is an exciting opportunity to lead the United Way Annual Campaign in Allegan County. In Collaboration with the shared services Director of Annual Campaign this position will engage donors through workplace campaigns and individual giving in Allegan County.
1. Implement and evaluate a wide range of development activities required to grow a multi-faceted development program with existing and new workplace campaigns.
2. Recruit and train a campaign cabinet and campaign volunteers to assist in implementing workplace campaigns.
3. Design and implement individual (non-workplace) strategies to increase individual campaign gifts.
4. In collaboration with the Communications Director and Director of Community Impact, create messages and materials to increase campaign giving, and implement stewardship strategies (newsletters, acknowledgements, recognition activities, etc.) for the purpose of retaining and upgrading current donors.
5. Plan and implement special event(s) related to campaign.
6. Solicit sponsorships to underwrite the cost of campaign.
7. In conjunction with the President set and achieve giving goals and needed expenditures as outlined in the department’s overall annual operating plan.
8. Analyze current business trends and previous workplace results to devise, recommend and implement strategic and entrepreneurial fund raising strategies designed to maximize workplace campaign results as part of the overall resource development program.
9. Promote a cooperative spirit within the organization and among internal and external United Way participants.
10. Programs – Operate United Way programs as assigned in support of the United Way Impact Model and Strategic Plan.
11. Take an active role in Campaign and other United Way initiatives as required.
12. Operate assigned programs as relevant to the strategic plan.
The scope of this position is broad, requiring the Annual Campaign Manager to establish and maintain significant relationships with persons throughout the community at various levels of leadership inside the workplace.
Experience, Education, and Training Requirements:
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience is preferable. A thorough and solid knowledge of non-profit organizations is important. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly communicate the mission and values of United Way with agencies, community leaders, and the general public are imperative. Ability to create and achieve budget is required.
Experience working as a program leader in a non-profit environment is preferable. Experience using teamwork to achieve goals is vital.
Ability to present a professional image of the organization to volunteers, prospects, donors, colleagues, business contacts and other community partners is essential to success. Strong, demonstrated planning and evaluation skills are necessary.
Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed. Travel within the County is required and applicant must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Ability to carry objects such as 25 pound box short distances will be a function of the basic job description.
This is a part time position $16/hr with an average 25 hours per week. Benefits will be according to the Personnel Policy.